[flashrom] MSI H87-G43 flash success :)

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at student.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Jul 30 22:04:34 CEST 2013

On Tue, 30 Jul 2013 21:40:42 +0200
"Marek Zakrzewski" <zakrzewskim at wp.pl> wrote:

> OK. I will check, but what if a newer BIOS comes again ? Will it erase all
> settings ?

flashrom does not care about the contents of the image you are feeding
to it and we do not erase the settings on purpose. It might be possible
to migrate them over but I am not aware of anyone trying to do that
yet (no idea if UEFI would make things easier or worse).
That said, AFAIK on many boards the settings would get reset anyway
when the firmware detects it has been updated.