[flashrom] Flashrom fails on write. P4 motherboard

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at student.tuwien.ac.at
Thu Jul 25 21:54:04 CEST 2013

On Thu, 25 Jul 2013 21:31:01 +0200
Stefan Tauner <stefan.tauner at student.tuwien.ac.at> wrote:

> You can also set this somehow with pciset as you know, I am just not
> entirely sure about the exact commands.
> you would need to get the gpiobase first with
> setpci -s 00:1f.0 58.l
> (only bits 6-15 are the base address see datasheet)
> and then fetch the old value with
> setpci -s 0:1f.0 gpiobase+0x0c
> and set it with
> setpci -s 0:1f.0 gpiobase+0x0c=...

Actually this can't work out (thanks to Kyösti for pointing that out).
Because the gpiobase address is in the separated i/o address space of
the cpu. "The control for the general purpose I/O signals is handled
through a separate 64-byte I/O space."
I am not aware of any distributed binaries that work similar to setpci
but in the i/o space, so you would need to program your own... like the
one described here:
http://flashrom.org/Board_Enable