[flashrom] serprog with arduino UNO

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at student.tuwien.ac.at
Sat Jul 20 01:39:32 CEST 2013

On Fri, 19 Jul 2013 19:18:20 -0300
Hugo Petrucci <hugopetrucci at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I checked the wires and connections and found no problems, I rode under the photo http://flashrom.org/images/4/45/Serprogduino_v2.jpeg as example on the Wiki (the diagram of the breadboard) is wrong.
> I caught the stable version, but the same error occurs.

We need to distinguish two things of which only one is an error.
The detection of two chips is expected and ok. So you will always have
to use the -c option if you want to read or write to the chip.
The two chips have the same ID and flashrom can just not know which one
it is.

The other thing is the misdetection where it does not find any chip.
These should have nothing to do with the usage of the -c option and
from your logs I see no hint why it happens.

The log you showed mostly looks as it should. I am a bit puzzled about
the rdid readings, but that might be ok in this case. How long are your
wires and what is your setup exactly? Not all problems can be diagnosed
by just checking if there is a connection between pins... the signal
quality is often too bad for some chips and this is the most common
reason why detection fails. Usually the logs are clearer than in your
case.

I do not maintain the arduino page and the guy that does, is currently
a bit busy. I told him to look into your case, but I don't know when/if
he will.