[flashrom] WG: SB600, shutting down IMC failed

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at student.tuwien.ac.at
Thu Jul 11 15:26:00 CEST 2013

On Thu, 11 Jul 2013 14:59:28 +0200
"Trunzer Markus" <Markus.Trunzer at kontron.com> wrote:

> >Can you tell us more about your system's firmware?
> =>What kind of information do you mean concretely?

Who build it and can you talk to them?

> >Should the IMC be active and responsive?
> =>I'm not sure what the consequence is in detail when the IMC is inactive. But I gues it doesn't need to be active.

Oh, I was talking about the expectation you have about the state of the
IMC assuming that you are somewhat involved in the development of the
system (aren't you?). The IMC does not need to be active for a working
system (AFAIK), but to me it seems like it is active but somewhat
misconfigured. Let's see what Rudolf says about it. He know it way
better than me.

> >Rudolf: Let's assume the IMC is set up but does not respond in time (btw I guess a longer timeout won't help?
> =>Can you please tell me where I can increase this time?

In my version of the patch you need to increase the initial value of 'i'
in mbox_wait_ack. Similar in Rudolf's version, but it counts up instead.
The value is in milliseconds.