[flashrom] flashrom -V

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at student.tuwien.ac.at
Sat Jul 6 17:58:00 CEST 2013

On Wed, 3 Jul 2013 19:04:54 -0700
steve at twovoyagers.com wrote:

> Board name: GeForce 6100PM - M2 V3.0
>
>   There was an oddity.  After running
>
> $ sudo flashrom -V -p internal > flashrom-V.txt ,
>
> I got this message
> (which doesn't appear in the capture):
> Mapping NVIDIA MCP6x SPI at 0xfec80000, unaligned size 0x544.

Hello Steve,

that's ok. It was printed to the standard error output and you only
redirected standard output. You can create log files with the -o
parameter BTW.

>   Dunno what that means, but this specific board wasn't included in the
> list of boards known to work, but all appeared to go as intended.  Thanks!

You did not mention what exactly "appeared to go as intended". Your log
only shows that flashrom detects the flash chip correctly, but we are
more interested in successful writes (which the output message does not
point out very clearly). Did you test writing?