[flashrom] sbxxx: Add spispeed parameter. (was: Asrock E350M1 - flashrom erase failed)

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at student.tuwien.ac.at
Mon Jul 1 01:17:36 CEST 2013

On Sun, 30 Jun 2013 22:51:40 +0200
Stefan Tauner <stefan.tauner at student.tuwien.ac.at> wrote:

> On Sun, 30 Jun 2013 19:24:57 +0200
> Reiner Luett <diffusae at yahoo.se> wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I've pasted the output to:
> >
> > http://paste.flashrom.org/view.php?id=1675
> >
> > I tried a reboot after I've change the image and sometimes it worked as
> > before, but in a few cases it fails. This also could be due to a faulty
> > flashrom image.
>
> Hi,
>
> can you please upgrade flashrom to the latest development version?
> See http://flashrom.org/Downloads#Installation_from_source
>
> That alone will probably not change much, but the verbose output would
> be more interesting to me. If my hypothesis is correct, then forcing a
> slower SPI clock might help. You can try the following patch to
> verify that:
> https://github.com/stefanct/flashrom/commit/480fca837b9a8b0711b8371d7ce7acf7c8d357b5

Alternatively you can also try the attached patch, which does also
change the SPI clock frequency but allows the user to specify the
frequency. See commit note for details. This one is untested but
similar to the other one and simple enough that i think it is quite
safe for you to test. You seem to be able to recover from failing
boots. Do you have an external programmer or spare chips?