[flashrom] 2009 era -L output

Robert S. Done, Ph.D. rdone at cox.net
Thu Jan 31 18:23:06 CET 2013

In addressing Step 1 below, I attempted to get the Flashrom source from http://tracker.coreboot.org/trac/flashrom/browser/trunk but there are many files listed and I'm not sure how to proceed if I was even looking in the right place. So, please let me know if I need all of those files or just flashrom.8 or what. Thanks.

The next steps are what i have described in my previous mail, namely:
1 - getting flashrom to build from source so that you can change it
  where/when required
2 - applying the patches i mentioned
3 - understanding the layout of the flash regions and the protected
  address ranges
4 - using the modified version of flashrom and an appropriate layout file
  (see manpage) to extract the relevant parts from the flash device

--
Kind regards/Mit freundlichen Gr��en, Stefan Tauner