[flashrom] W836xx: HP Mini 110-3700: flashrom -V

Olivier Langlois olivier at olivierlanglois.net
Fri Jan 25 04:42:22 CET 2013

Hi,

I am following the instruction found in the flashrom -V output. I want
to attempt replacing the evil RSA signed Insyde BIOS that stops me from
installing PCIe Mini cards of my choice.

I do not fully understand yet all the output of flashrom and why the
flash chip autodetection is limited to a very small subset of the
supported chips but I have taken a look on the motherboard and I have
spotted a Winbond W25Q16 chip on it.

I have started to modify inteltool and msrtool in order to support my
processor (Intel Atom N455). I will probably join your dev mailing list
to offer my patches when they are ready and also ask advices for my
coreboot project.

Thank you,