[flashrom] patch Dynamic list Multiple chips

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at student.tuwien.ac.at
Thu Feb 28 13:52:18 CET 2013

On Thu, 28 Feb 2013 16:21:56 +0400
Николай Николаев <evrinoma at gmail.com> wrote:

>     If we detected Multiple flash chips than
>     we can easy save all chips in dynamic list - pflashes.
>     and we will not have a restrictions with number chips
>
>     TODO:
>     Sort Dynamic List by Volage. This chips has a equivalent the model_id
>     but can have a different parameters like a name voltage probe function
>     Probing
>     Resolving chips names

Hi,

thanks for the patch. Please do not leave the previous code as comments
in the patch. This makes it very unreadable and not directly applicable.
I have not looked at the changes in detail, but I did also not like the
limitation, so in general I like the idea.
I would like to continue to use "flashes" as the name of the
collection though (why the change?).

Eventually I would also like to see a general list implementation in
flashrom, maybe similar to something in the Linux kernel, because it
would really make life easier in some cases (like this one).