[flashrom] flashrom ignoring ROM layout region

Mark Marshall markmarshall14 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 11:08:21 CET 2013

Hi.

I too would love for these changes to go in.  I'm currently working with a
64MB flash, and
I've got a number of problems, one of which is that flashrom tries to read
the entire flash
before doing anything (which will never be what I want...).

The other problems are:
- That most of flashrom seems to be limited to 2^24 address bits.
  (this is relatively easy to fix)
- That flashrom thinks a page is always 256 byes (I think I've found
  most cases of this, but I'm not sure.  What's the granularity flag
  for?

I've also found that flashrom doesn't always do what I expect, and I'm not
sure if this is
by design or not.  for instance, if I want to erase my entire flash chip,
it ends up calling
the sector erase on each sector, not by doing a chip-erase?  Are these
types of things
written down anywhere?

Thanks for any help,

Mark M.