[flashrom] ASUS M5A97: success

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at student.tuwien.ac.at
Sun Feb 3 02:12:12 CET 2013

On Sat, 02 Feb 2013 16:31:17 +0100
Melchior FRANZ <mfranz at aon.at> wrote:

> Hey,
>
> a few days ago I successfully flashed an ASUS M5A97 bios
> (version 0705 to 1605). No problems whatsoever, whereas the
> BIOS-builtin "AZ Flash 2" turned out to be useless: it didn't
> even recognize my FAT usb stick.

Hello,

thanks for your report! Since it is often overlooked that flashrom
skips the write process completely when the image is equal to the
contents of the flash chip, I have to make sure that writing really
works. Can you confirm that the firmware change (by different version
strings shown at startup for example)?