[flashrom] How to program PIIX4 GPO26 for output to make

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at student.tuwien.ac.at
Thu Dec 26 18:16:02 CET 2013

On Thu, 26 Dec 2013 16:33:01 +0100
"Gelip" <mrgelip at gmail.com> wrote:

> Also enable program chip like this:
>
> (PCI word register b2) setpci -s 00:07.0 b2.w=e000
>
> or
>
> (PCI byte register b3) setpci -s 00:07.0 b3.b=e0
>
> e0h = 224DEC = 11100000 binary (bits 5, 6, 7)
>
> Please help add or fix code to make flashrom program.

Hi Gelip,

I have tried to explain this a few times already to you and this will
be the last time.
Flashrom is not broken but your coreboot port for that board is.
There is only one bit that should be changed and that is the very last
of that word/byte (called GENCFG in the datasheet), i.e. setpci -s
00:07.0 b2.w=8000 should work too.
But a correct port should do that at boot time already, and hence we
will not change flashrom's behavior (soon or at all). Please ask the
coreboot guys for help if you dont know how to fix the GENCFG value in
coreboot.