[flashrom] flashrom for ECS A785GM-M7

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at student.tuwien.ac.at
Sat Aug 24 15:02:16 CEST 2013

On Sat, 24 Aug 2013 15:12:08 +0300
Beeblebrox <zaphod at berentweb.com> wrote:

> Hello.
> It seems the flash controller on my mobo does not support flashing.
> "Super I/O ID 0x8726 is not on the list of flash capable controllers"
> Product page:
> www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWebSite/Product/Product_Detail.aspx?DetailID=1089
> Output of flashrom -V -p internal attached.
> Regards.

Hi there,

that line in the log indicates that we have found a chip type that is
often used to act as flash controller but which is either unsupported
yet or does not have that functionality at all. This is no problem
though since your flash is attached differently, namely directly to the
SB710 chipset and that should work without a problem. I have changed
the verbosity of the message so that it does not show up in "normal"
verbose logs and does no longer confuse users. In any case you should
be able to use flashrom to read and write the flash chip of that board
unless there are other problems.

If you are familiar with git and compiling I would very much appreciate
if you could test a patch set for improved AMD support.
The patches can be found on github. The following commands should grab
them, compile them, run flashrom and create a log file named
amd-probe.log (hopefully :) which I would like you to send us back.

git clone https://github.com/stefanct/flashrom.git
cd flashrom
git checkout origin/amd -b amd
make