[flashrom] P4R8L - Asus Pundit R - READ OK (looks like) ERASE FAILED

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at student.tuwien.ac.at
Mon Aug 5 12:02:07 CEST 2013

On Tue, 23 Jul 2013 01:33:41 +0200
Gianluigi Tiesi <sherpya at netfarm.it> wrote:

> I've got a barebone pc from asus:
> http://www.asus.com/Barebone_PCs/PunditR/
>
> read flash looks ok perhaps dumps are a bit different
>
> I've attached both from flashrom, original from asus in roms.tar.xz
> other files:
> info.tar.xz => lspci/lsusb/dmesg/dmidecode
> read.log.xz => flashrom -r
> write.log.xz => flashrom -w
>
> Hope it helps
>
> Regards

Hi Gianluigi,

the old ATI chipsets are not supported at all and I can't find any
datasheets for them. They may work regardless, I am not sure. In that
case you would just need a small mainboard-specific routine to disable
the write protection (a so-called board enable). If not you are probably
out of luck. Please do not expect a solution soon (or ever).