[flashrom] Multichip support for a dediprog SF100

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at student.tuwien.ac.at
Mon Apr 29 02:42:08 CEST 2013

On Sun, 28 Apr 2013 19:38:44 -0400
Joshua Zarr <joshuazarr at gmail.com> wrote:

> I was going to ask you about that. What sort of tool would you need to do
> that? Is there a program I can run under windows to do the trace or would i
> need an external USB bus analyzer?

There are several options to do this, but I have not tried a single
one. Some of them look quite promising:
 - use linux as a host system for a virtual windows machine,
   forward USB traffic and capture it with e.g. wireshark (and the
   usbmon driver) on the host machine.
 - the latest development release of wireshark seems to support USB
   sniffing on windows natively (http://desowin.org/usbpcap/).
 - an older alternative named UsbSnoop that should work on newer windows
   versions too (despite all the warnings on its website):
   http://www.pcausa.com/Utilities/UsbSnoop/

All of those produce dump logs that are open and for which there exist a
good number of tools to analyse them. I have no idea what was used
previously for initial dediprog support...