[flashrom] Something else is accessing the flash chip, what are the usual suspects?

Wei Hu wei at aristanetworks.com
Fri Apr 26 01:33:40 CEST 2013

Hello,

I'm running Ubuntu 12.10 and the latest flashrom from subversion.

I'm getting this warning and would like to know how to find the
driver/program that's accessing the flash chip? Thanks!

# ./flashrom --programmer internal -r /tmp/k -VVV
flashrom v0.9.6.1-r1671 on Linux 3.5.0-25-generic (x86_64)
flashrom is free software, get the source code at http://www.flashrom.org

flashrom was built with libpci 3.1.9, GCC 4.7.2, little endian
Found chipset "AMD Hudson" with PCI ID 1022:780e. Enabling flash
write... SPI base address is at 0xfec10000
AltSpiCSEnable=0, SpiRomEnable=1, AbortEnable=0
PrefetchEnSPIFromIMC=0, PrefetchEnSPIFromHost=1, SpiOpEnInLpcMode=1
SpiArbEnable=1, SpiAccessMacRomEn=1, SpiHostAccessRomEn=1,
ArbWaitCount=7, SpiBridgeDisable=1, DropOneClkOnRd=0
NormSpeed is Reserved MHz
GPIO11 used for SPI_DO
GPIO12 used for SPI_DI
GPIO31 used for SPI_HOLD
GPIO32 used for SPI_CS
GPIO47 used for SPI_CLK
SB700 IMC is not active.
ROM strap override is not active
OK.
The following protocols are supported: LPC, FWH, SPI.
Probing for AMIC A25L05PT, 64 kB: sb600_spi_send_command, cmd=9f,
writecnt=0, readcnt=4
Writing:
SB600 FIFO pointer is 0, wanted 0
Executing:
SB600 FIFO pointer corruption! Pointer is 3, wanted 4
Something else is accessing the flash chip and causes random corruption.
Please stop all applications and drivers and IPMI which access the flash chip.