[flashrom] flashrom schedule 2013 (includes my GSoC proposal mostly :)

Marc Jones marcj303 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 24 17:12:17 CEST 2013

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for putting this out there for feedback. While I understand
your perspective on concerns about the outcome, we need to have some
clear goals and expectations in order to score and rank project ideas.
As with all development, we don't always reach the destination we
expected, but we have set out with a goal and direction. I think that
the ideas you have listed are good. There are some improvements you
should make in your application.

When you fill out your application, it will help to break out the
pre-work (easy stuff) and the new code sections. The flashrom release
details are important for what you want to accomplish,  but are not
part of GSoC code development, so leave the detail out of your
application. Please help drive the release in the community
separately.

The support for multiple read and multiple write would be a great
addition to flashrom.

Can you identify how you will improve SPI probing and/or explain the
issues with the current implementations?

Please put some estimates the time you think it will take to do each
of these things.

Feel free to follow up on this thread, or just use this feedback in
your application.

Regards,
Marc

http://se-eng.com