[flashrom] Intel QM67 - Macronix MX25L6405 flash read problem

George Ciobanu mrg2k8 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 18 23:20:54 CEST 2013

Hello,

It's me again. I had some free time so I decided to disassemble the
notebook and to wire it directly to the arduino, using Simon Inns'
schematic. I didn't desolder the chip.

I've hit a roadblock, though. I get this message: *Probing for Macronix
MX25L6405(D), 8192 kB: RDID byte 0 parity violation.
probe_spi_rdid_generic: id1 0xff, id2 0xffff*
*
*
I tried patching flashrom with http://patchwork.coreboot.org/patch/3851/,
still with no luck. I am sure the flash model is correct, because I can
read it on the capsule.

I've attached the logs, with and without the -c option.

In the hope that a solution will arise,
I thank you again.

George Ciobanu