[flashrom] NM10 and SPI

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at student.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Apr 2 18:42:31 CEST 2013

On Tue, 2 Apr 2013 17:47:19 +0400
Vasiliy Vylegzhanin <coder at npo-echelon.ru> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a tablet on NM10 chipset and AFU says it has EON 25F/Q/QH chip
> 16Mbit size. But flashrom don't even probe for SPI chips.
>
> > GCS = 0x10c60: BIOS Interface Lock-Down: disabled, Boot BIOS Straps: 0x3 (LPC)
>
> Is it possible to force SPI interface somehow? Verbose log attached.

Since the lockdown is disabled one could in theory change the interface
used I think (I have never looked into it in detail). *But* this would
not help you: the flash chip is most probably behind the embedded
controller which is not supported yet by flashrom. The EC translates
between the SPI bus used by the flash chip and the LPC bus used by the
NM10. It also probably uses the same flash for its own firmware, which
is one of the reasons why supporting such devices is a bit hairy.

See also http://flashrom.org/Laptops