[flashrom] ASUS M2N-MX support

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at student.tuwien.ac.at
Sat Sep 22 15:28:39 CEST 2012

On Sat, 22 Sep 2012 14:52:32 +0200
cjt2007 <cjt2007 at eisenbroiler.de> wrote:

> Hi list!
>
> As promised, I trying to test flashrom on the M2N-MX board. Unfortunately, I am
> unable to find the referred source release 1573 on the website, neither in
> releases nor in snapshots. Google redirects me towards the trac system. However,
> access to any files fails due to right restrictions. Presumably this is the
> wrong place to search at...
>
> Could you please assist me to find the appropriate version for the patch file?

hello and thanks for reporting back (which does not go without saying)!

joining us on irc is probably a better way to communicate, if that's ok
with you.
http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=flashrom&uio=d4

in general any recent flashrom version should work (latest stable, or
any development version since then including the latest), but the patch
may not apply cleanly. the "right" way would be to checkout revision
1573 from our source tree in our repository, but the important bit of
the patch is just a single line, which you could add manually too. just
add the following line to the big table in board_enable.c approximately
at line 2350 instead of applying the whole patch:
	{0x10de, 0x03e0, 0x1043, 0x8234,  0x10de, 0x03f5, 0x1043, 0x8234, "^M2N-MX$",   NULL, NULL,           P3, "ASUS", "M2N-MX",                0,   OK, it8712f_gpio31_raise},