[flashrom] [coreboot] New laptop: Lenovo ThinkPad X230 tablet, with dumps to go with it

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Sun Sep 16 05:00:55 CEST 2012

Keith Hui wrote:
> At this point I'm mostly interested in just identifying the flash chip
> without disassembling the laptop, although I'm ready for that if
> necessary.

Try: flashrom -p internal:force=laptop_I_want_a_brick

flashrom is overly defensive on Thinkpads, where the Renesas EC
always has it's own flash.

> However, I do need to find a USB-based chip programmer that can do
> parallel, FWH and SPI.

No such thing in cheap. You can get a GALEP-5, which supports an
incredible range of devices, but which also costs >= 600 USD.

I want to make an open hardware+firmware design, but so far I haven't
made it beyond the USB protocol. http://git.stuge.se/?p=qiprog.git

//Peter