[flashrom] Reading EPROM on RTL8139

Dmitry the Zuryanovich dreadbit at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 18:58:36 CET 2012

Hi All,
 I'm tryng to read some old UV-erased 28 pin 27xx on some Compex RTL-8139
card with 28 pin socket (32 pin socket may be soldered there, but it is
not!) (I have 2 installed, the PCI address is correct) on
Linux-Slackware-14 as root with the following:

flashrom --programmer nicrealtek:pci=00:09.0 -f -r bios

Calibrating delay loop... delay loop is unreliable, trying to continue OK.
No EEPROM/flash device found.
Note: flashrom can never write if the flash chip isn't found automatically.

Am I doing things right or that's may be just a broken EPROM?
jabber: dreadbit at jabber.ru /compatible with Google chat, yandex chat and
other modern shit/