[flashrom] W836xx:NI 8351 (rebranded MSI MS-9218) flashrom -V

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at student.tuwien.ac.at
Wed Oct 31 18:37:17 CET 2012

On Wed, 31 Oct 2012 12:39:40 +0100
"Miklos Marton" <miklos.marton at ni.com> wrote:

> It would be great for us if we could have an uniform preferably Linux
> based platform for flashing the BIOS images during the manufacturing
> process.
>
> If it is not a problem/a lot work for you I would like to test our
> product's flashrom compatibility and send you the logs one-by-one to get
> them officially supported.

I think your customers and even less your own manufacturing staff would
care much about our supported hardware list, if you tell them
explicitly to use the vanilla (or your own) version of flashrom. :)
But as i wrote before, if you think it is worth it, send the logs and
i'll at them. It is always nice to get feedback from companies that use
flashrom like this, thank you.

This patch shows what is needed to add a single board:
http://patchwork.coreboot.org/patch/2846/
Namely a single line added to print.c.

I usually collect a number of such and similar patches and commit them
together every few weeks-months, like this one:
http://patchwork.coreboot.org/patch/3527/

The easiest procedure for me would be if you mail such a single line
together with your log, or even a patch that combines many of them.