[flashrom] ft2232: TI Stellaris DevKit / Dediprog SF100 IF / SPI Chip

Philipp Wiesner wiesnerph at fh-bingen.de
Sat Oct 27 21:32:55 CEST 2012

2012/10/27 Stefan Tauner <stefan.tauner at student.tuwien.ac.at>

> Hello Philipp,
>
> thanks for sharing.
>
> On Sat, 27 Oct 2012 15:44:51 +0200
> Philipp Wiesner <wiesnerph at fh-bingen.de> wrote:
>
> > I had to make
> > some customizations to ft2232.c add support for this programmer. I had to
> > build a cable which connects the JTAG interface with the on-board SF100
> > interface.
>
> But it is just a plain cable without logic, i presume i.e. there are no
> hardware modifications necessary for the TI board nor the iEi
> mainboard, right?

Your assumptions are correct. No hardware modifications were made, I  just
had to jumper the TI board appropriately (basically disconnecting the MCU
from the JTAG port).

> > I like to share as much of the knowledge I acquired as possible with the
> > community. The least thing I can do is send a patch with my modifications
> > for the TI development board. I still need to read the instructions on
> how
> > to prepare and send patches as I haven't done this in a long time.
>
> How did you obtain the flashrom source (file archive, subversion,
> git...)? Depending on that the way to obtain a usable diff/patch vary a
> lot. If you need further help you can also ask us on our IRC channel,
> #flashrom on freenode, available also via this website:
> http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=flashrom&uio=d4

I based my modifications on the last release, but as these are just a few
additional lines to the sources, I could easily base those on trunk or any
other revision. I'll see how far I can get, I'll be gladly asking for help
then.

--
> Kind regards/Mit freundlichen Grüßen, Stefan Tauner

Kind regards,
Philipp Wiesner