[flashrom] Foxconn P55mx\H55mx

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at student.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Oct 2 15:05:02 CEST 2012

On Tue, 2 Oct 2012 06:49:30 +0400
Владислав Быков <vladislavbyk1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yiiiha! 996F1P07 work! Thank you very-very-very much! :)

Great, i hope it does also boot afterwards ;)
I have added your board to our list of supported boards and will commit
this later together with other small changes.

just one additional question…

> Found chipset "Intel H55". Enabling flash write... The Flash Descriptor
> Security Override Strap-Pin is set. Restrictions implied
> by the FRAP and FREG registers are NOT in effect. Please note that Protected
> Range (PR) restrictions still apply.

This "Flash Descriptor Security Override Strap" setting caught my
interest. This is configured by a physical pin of the chipset and
Intel's documentation very clearly recommends that there is no way to
enable it on shipped consumer boards (not to speak of making it the
default), it is just for debugging. My question is: did you notice a
jumper on the board that might influence this (maybe labelled "write
protection" or similar) or is there an option in the "BIOS" setup to
change this?