[flashrom] MX25L1605DM2I-12G with Buspirate

Daniel . phl3ckz at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 29 05:25:38 CET 2012

Hi everyone,

I am absolute beginner but I need to read and write the above mentioned
serial Flash memory.

This is a BIOS chip and had a bad flash. Now it is unsoldered from
mainboard. I want read it out and reflash a new BIOS file.

Therefore I really need help how to connect the chip pins with the
buspirate pins in a correct way.

This is how pins are shown in the data sheet of Macronix MX25L1605DM2I-12G

CS#            1       8   VCC
SO/SIO1    2        7   HOLD#
WP#ACC   3        6    SCLK
GND           4        5    SI/SIO0

I am using Bus Pirate v3.5 with FW v6.2-beta1 r1981 BL v4.4 and flashrom
v0.9.6.1-r1624 on Windows.

Would I have to setup the buspirate in a terminal before using flashrom? I
mean SPI mode and so on? If yes could someone help me with this settings
too?

Thanks!

Best regards,
Daniel