[flashrom] [RFC] Feature autodetection during compilation

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at student.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Nov 20 10:15:51 CET 2012

On Mon, 19 Nov 2012 01:15:42 +0100
Carl-Daniel Hailfinger <c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net> wrote:

> I would like to switch ft2232_spi to "Default on if technically possible
> on target machine" and spit out an improved error message in case the
> headers are missing.

ok, with me.

ideally we would change the other programmers to the ftdi scheme and
enable programmers only if all requirements are met and scream only if
one explicitly selects a programmer of which the requirements are not
fulfilled. but that would of course not reduce complexity nor improve
maintainability :) failing with a clear message (including the option
to disable the offending programmer if possible... which might introduce
some complexity again) is a good solution.