[flashrom] Intel DH67CL verbose log

Ville Herva vherva at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 08:29:56 CET 2012

16.11.2012 6.35 "Stefan Tauner" <stefan.tauner at student.tuwien.ac.at>
kirjoitti:

> On Thu, 15 Nov 2012 20:31:18 +0200
> Ville Herva <vherva at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Ripping the battery off for a good while helped, and I was able to
upgrade
> > the BIOS at POST.
>
> usually there is also a jumper (CMOS or NVRAM reset) that does the same.

Usually, yes, but according to the manual, the jumper only clears the bios
passwords. There was a faq entry at the Intel site recommending ripping the
battery off to clear the bios settings. Given that, i decided to rip the
battery as the first measure as it was just as easy as fiddling with the
jumper.

http://blogs.coreboot.org/blog/2011/08/17/gsoc-2011-flashrom-part-5-–-dear-intel/
> --
> Kind regards/Mit freundlichen Grüßen, Stefan Tauner

Yep, interesting. Sadly not all development is going towards openness. And
probably never will as long as there's money involved.