[flashrom] AT25DF321A Support

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at student.tuwien.ac.at
Wed Nov 14 09:54:20 CET 2012

On Wed, 14 Nov 2012 09:11:10 +0100
Christophe Fauvel <christophe.fauvel at goobie.fr> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am using an FT2232H mini module for flashing an AT25DF321A SPI flash
> under linux (Ubuntu 10.10, kernel 2.6.35-32-generic), which is supported
> according to your Supported Hardware list. I have tested several
> flashrom revisions (v0.9.2 pré-compiled, v0.9.5 and V0.9.6.xx compiled
> with GCC 4.4.5).
>
>   * with rev0.9.2, the device is listed as UNTESTED when reading,
>     writing or erasing. I have multiple errors when accessing the device
>     but I can read, write and erase small amount of data.
>
>   *   with rev0.9.5, I also have some issues with the device, but with a
>     few retries I am able to fully read, write and erase the chip, which
>     is also listed as UNTESTED.
>
>   *   with rev0.9.6, however, the device is listed as Unknown SPI chip
>     and I cannot access it.

it is not listed as unknown, but it is not detected (apparently).
actually the chip has been marked as fully tested in 0.9.6 due to this
report:
http://www.flashrom.org/pipermail/flashrom/2012-July/009492.html

from what you write i would assume that you have a bad connection
between the programmer and the chip and it does only work by "accident"
sometimes. if you believe otherwise please send a verbose log.