[flashrom] Problem with writing BIOS

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at student.tuwien.ac.at
Fri Nov 2 13:44:22 CET 2012

On Fri, 02 Nov 2012 11:14:07 +0200
dask <dask at mail.ru> wrote:

Hi!

> I have a problem with writing BIOS
> I googled but nothing help me.
> Here is the log. May be you can help me. Thank you.
>
> sudo flashrom -p internal -w 668F1P48.BIN

you did not mention which board that is. google suggests
foxconn 945P(L)7AE is that correct?

> Reading current flash chip contents... done. ERASE FAILED at 0x00000000!
> […]
> ERASE FAILED!
> FAILED!
> Uh oh. Erase/write failed. Checking if anything changed.
> Good. It seems nothing was changed.
> Writing to the flash chip apparently didn't do anything.

this means that there is probably a mainboard-specific write protection
enabled, which is not uncommon. we need to reverse engineer how it is
disabled. for this we need to know which board model it is exactly and
please sense us also the output of
flashrom -p internal -V
and
lspci -vvnnxxx