[flashrom] Output of Flashrom for Asus M2N68-VM

juergen.bullinger at gmx.de juergen.bullinger at gmx.de
Sun May 27 16:44:08 CEST 2012

Hi,

thank you for the great tool it saved me from messing ouround with DOS boot dics etc on a system which is purely running on Linux.

I updated the bios of this board and in case the diagnostic output of this board is interesting for you, here is it:

juergen at media:/scratch/software/bios$ sudo flashrom
[sudo] password for juergen:
flashrom v0.9.5.2-r1517 on Linux 3.2.0-25-generic (x86_64), built with libpci 3.1.8, GCC 4.6.3, little endian
flashrom is free software, get the source code at http://www.flashrom.org

Calibrating delay loop... OK.
Found chipset "NVIDIA MCP67". Enabling flash write... This chipset is not really supported yet. Guesswork...
SPI on this chipset is WIP. Please report any success or failure by mailing us the verbose output to flashrom at flashrom.org, thanks!
Mapping NVIDIA MCP6x SPI at 0xfec80000, unaligned size 0x544.
Please send the output of "flashrom -V" to flashrom at flashrom.org with
your board name: flashrom -V as the subject to help us finish support for your
chipset. Thanks.
OK.
Found Macronix flash chip "MX25L8005" (1024 kB, SPI) at physical address 0xfff00000.
No operations were specified.