[flashrom] M5A78L-M LX

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at student.tuwien.ac.at
Wed May 2 20:24:17 CEST 2012

hi

we had a report on IRC today regarding the asus M5A78L-M LX.
writing works, but the mac address is lost and the LOM defunct.

flashrom -V http://paste.flashrom.org/view.php?id=1184
binary as read by flashrom: http://paste.flashrom.org/uploads/1188.bin
the mac address in that image is C8:60:00:57:42:FF and is replaced with
ed:0b:00:00:e0:00 on writing the vendor image.
the mac address can be found at multiple offsets and formats in the
backup image:
binary: 0x13bd6a
ascii:  0x13bd80
binary: 0x1dc07a
ascii:  0x1dc015

user did just restore the backup image, so we have no idea if leaving
those offsets alone would be successful.
i have added the board to our list.