[flashrom] Erase error with hardware sequencing

narayanan best narayananbest at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 20:24:15 CEST 2012

Hi,

I have Intel ICH9 with 2 SPI flash chips each with 8MB. I am able to read
16MB of flash chip with hardware sequencing.
But while writing the image i get
ERASE FAILED at 0x00100000! Expected=0xff , Read=0x44, failed byte count
from 0x00100000-0x0010ffff:0xfef4
ERASE FAILED

I believe the cause is due to hardware sequencing write does not disable
SRPL (sector protection register lock). I used -p
internal:ich_spi_force=yes option which didn't help.

This was confirmed when i gave ich_spi_mode=swseq (read or write) as
parameter, it disables the SRPL and next write of 16MB with hardware
sequencing succeeded.

Let me know if i am missing anything here.

 Thanks in advance.