[flashrom] N61PB-M2S: flashrom -v

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at student.tuwien.ac.at
Mon Mar 12 16:40:18 CET 2012

On Sun, 11 Mar 2012 18:03:35 +0100
Susan Scheibe <Susan.Scheibe at innere.med.uni-giessen.de> wrote:

> at least with "nopat" on the kernel command line and accessible /dev/mem flashrom was able to flash this board successfully on a Gentoo hardened system. Probably it would have worked without all these safety measures, because flashrom was able to read and verify the existing bios before. Here is the output of flashrom -V:

Hello Susan,

thanks for your report!
I have added the board to our list of supported boards and will commit
that later together with other small changes.
Can you confirm, that the two files (the one you read before the write
and the one you wrote) are different? that is very important because
flashrom does skip equal blocks completely and in that case we do not
know if erasing/writing really works.
the verbose log indicates skipping by printing something like ":S"
instead of ":EW" (erase, write) after the address ranges.