[flashrom] Ubuntu daily builds PPA

Svetoslav Trochev svetoslav.trochev at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 17:53:02 CET 2012

[cut]
> thanks for the verbose explanation!
> i have removed the answers and bugs links (nice idea of whoever added
> them, but i don't think they are useful. ubuntu users should be able to
> follow the links on the package overview page to that sections) and
> i have added more detail to the PPA description and the safety of the
> binaries.
Thank you. It is much clear now.

> lowering the barrier for new and unexperienced ubuntu users might not
> necessarily help flashrom on the whole nor those users ;) if they are
> unsure they should ask us first.
Ah... It took me a second to sink in, but I see your point. :) I know
that Ubuntu is rocking the boat too much lately, but I had chance to
meat Mr. Shuttleworth once and I believe that his hearth and head are
in the right place. He likes FOSS and is putting his money behind it.
That is the only reason I like Ubuntu. :) But I agree 100% with you.
My advice would be: If you never killed(a.k.a bricked) a mainboard or
laptop while you flashing the system ROM, ASK FIRST. It saves you a
lot of pain and money.

Thanks again,
Svetoslav.