[flashrom] Ubuntu daily builds PPA

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at student.tuwien.ac.at
Sun Mar 4 23:21:25 CET 2012

On Sun, 04 Mar 2012 22:41:17 +0100
Carl-Daniel Hailfinger <c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net> wrote:

> Am 04.03.2012 20:59 schrieb Stefan Tauner:

> > another problem is that the autobuilt binaries will output this:
> > flashrom v0.9.5.1-runknown on Linux 2.6.35-32-generic (x86_64), built
> > with libpci 3.1.7, GCC 4.4.5, little endian
> > i.e. no svn revision. the only way to work around this would be a
> > second svn tree with an already (auto-)exported version of flashrom...
> > if we could manage to set that up, we could probably build our own
> > package too without launchpad :)
>
> The chromium branch of flashrom has a script which can extract the svn
> version from git, in case that would help here. I think David even
> submitted it.

well the problem is not git-related (although similar to that, because
the repo launchpad syncs our svn into is not svn (but bazaar)). i can
not run arbitrary commands in the recipes (possible in general, but not
on launchpad due to security concerns afaik). currently i am extracting
the debian directory from the ubuntu package to create the debian
directory in the autobuilt ubuntu packages... maybe one could hack
something into a custom made debian directory.. a quilt patch or so
that extracts the svn revision. i know that the svn revision is not
completely lost in bazaar because 0.4 recipes can use them for package
names... OTOH i think it is good enough for now as it is. if someone
wants to play around with launchpad just apply for a
"flashrom-developers" membership...