[flashrom] Ubuntu daily builds PPA

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at student.tuwien.ac.at
Sun Mar 4 20:59:15 CET 2012

Hi,

i have setup a flashrom poject at http://launchpad.net/flashrom which
auto-imports the svn every 6 hours and a package archive at
http://launchpad.net/~flashrom-developers/+archive/flashrom-daily
where new binaries are generated once a day whenever the svn has
changed.

currently there is a bug in launchpad itself that makes it impossible
to use version 0.4 recipes (recipes are used to configure the
autobuilders). this is the reason the package names are a bit awkward
(e.g. 0.9.5.1+r1508-1-20120303 for svn r1512). it is basically named by
{debversion}-{date}. it is the best i could come up with, that indicates
the included source in at least some way (date), will upgrade to newer
ubuntu versions when they become available and actually build in
current launchpad.

another problem is that the autobuilt binaries will output this:
flashrom v0.9.5.1-runknown on Linux 2.6.35-32-generic (x86_64), built
with libpci 3.1.7, GCC 4.4.5, little endian
i.e. no svn revision. the only way to work around this would be a
second svn tree with an already (auto-)exported version of flashrom...
if we could manage to set that up, we could probably build our own
package too without launchpad :)

maybe it is useful anyway for someone...