[flashrom] Raspberry Pi support as a programmer

cmd_ cemede at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 14:20:01 CET 2012

Hi guys, has past a lot of time since my last inquiry!

Recently has appeared a ultra-cheap board named Raspberry Pi (perhaps you
know http://www.raspberrypi.org/ ). This board has a powerful broadcom SoC
that comes with USB, UART, I2C, SPI, GPIO ports... all for 25/35$, awsome.
It could be a really versatile and powerful external/independent programmer
for flashrom!

Just take a look here: http://elinux.org/RPi_Low-level_peripherals

The SPI bus could be used to program SPI flash chips (obviously) and GPIO
for the other types.
I propose two ideas, first one, support the board by flashrom software,
second one, develop a daughter-board for the Raspberry-Pi to make a easy
use of all (with sockets to program IC's or some buffers if necessary for
other ones).

That's all, greetings!