[flashrom] flashrom output for chipset Intel QM67

David Jones dj61451 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 08:46:32 CEST 2012

Just a quick note to say I was able to read some of the flash content from
this board:

0x54: 0x00000000 FREG0: WARNING: Flash Descriptor region
(0x00000000-0x00000fff) is read-only.
0x58: 0x09ff0600 FREG1: BIOS region (0x00600000-0x009fffff) is read-write.
0x5C: 0x05ff0005 FREG2: WARNING: Management Engine region
(0x00005000-0x005fffff) is locked.
0x60: 0x00040001 FREG3: Gigabit Ethernet region (0x00001000-0x00004fff) is
read-write.
0x64: 0x00001fff FREG4: Platform Data region is unused.

The "Management Engine region" being locked seems to cause the ultimate
read failure. By forcing the read to only capture the other sections
(changing the address to flash->read in flashrom.c:1500) I can get about
4Mb of data. The data from the BIOS region section seems to be settings as
opposed to the actual bios firmware.

I don't understand SPI enough to know why the remaning region is locked or
where to start looking to see if I can unlock it. If anyone has any
suggestions please let me know.

Cheers,
Dave