[flashrom] Using flashrom with Intel Ibex Peak (PCH 3420) amd M25P64 flash works

Gary Hannon ghannon at cspi.com
Fri Jun 8 15:19:54 CEST 2012

"Stefan Tauner" <stefan.tauner at student.tuwien.ac.at> on Thursday, June 07, 2012 6:56 PM wrote:
> On Fri, 25 May 2012 15:56:17 -0400
> "Gary Hannon" <ghannon at cspi.com> wrote:
>
> > We will have the
> > descriptors in each flash calling the other flash as
> > the Platform Data region.  Our board has a way to steer
> > which chip gets CS0 and which gets CS1 for having a
> > failover incase a BIOS setting makes the board unbootable
>
> i just noticed that you suggested something different than i first
> thought (and referred to in the last mail), sorry.
> if you can switch the the CS lines by other means (hardware switch,
> some EC or whatever), i would just use CS0 and forget about CS1 (and
> almost everything else i wrote before :)
> --

I almost responded to your first message, but then said "Oh well."
I'm glad you noticed this part.

I've also read more about the tool and using the -l (layout) flag
I will be able to do all the things I was hoping to.

> Kind regards/Mit freundlichen Grüßen, Stefan Tauner

Thank-you so much,
Gary Hannon

P.S.  Your blog post about the hardware sequencing was what led me
to flashrom. - Good work and keep blogging!