[flashrom] Which hardware do you want supported?

Andrew Goodbody ajg4tadpole at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 11:51:23 CEST 2012

On 22/07/12 00:13, Vitali Druzhinin wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Did not find my motherboards in supported hardware list, but found chipsets.
>
> I would like to flash the following:
>
> ASUS M3A-H/HDMI (SB7x0/SB8x0/SB9x0 1002:439d)
> Elitegroup NFORCE6M-A2 (MCP61 10de:03e0)
>
> How safe is to try flash Coreboot on these MoBo? What information do you
> need else?
>
> BR,
> Vitali

Not safe at all. Flashrom may well work if the boards do not require
board specific enables but coreboot requires a specific port to each
motherboard in question. So you are very likely to end up with a
motherboard that will not boot.
If you want to do the coreboot ports then the coreboot mailing list will
be the place to get the help you need.

Andrew