[flashrom] FAILED: NVIDIA MCP61

William Speirs wspeirs at apache.org
Wed Jul 18 02:49:25 CEST 2012

I was able to write the backup and run verify and it worked. I still
haven't and won't restart my machine.

After restoring the backup, I tried again with the new BIOS and got the
same error/issue. I was able to backup yet again without issue.

So I'm guessing it's more of a problem with the ROM image than the program
writing the ROM. I've attached the ROM to see if that provides any insight.

Thanks again for the help!

Bill-

On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 8:22 PM, William Speirs <wspeirs at apache.org> wrote:

> I will try writing the backup and certainly leave the machine on.
>
> Thanks, and get some sleep ;-)
>
> Bill-
> On Jul 17, 2012 8:20 PM, "Stefan Tauner" <
> stefan.tauner at student.tuwien.ac.at> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 17 Jul 2012 19:39:31 -0400
>> William Speirs <wspeirs at apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> > I tried a flashrom -r and compared it to the backup I made and it's
>> > different. It is also different from the ROM I tried to install.
>> >
>> > Any thoughts?
>>
>> Most importantly: dont reboot or shutdown that computer. (we really
>> mean it... but some users do it anyway, and brick their boards that
>> way)
>>
>> i would try writing the backup image again to get to a safe state
>> again. the reason why it failed in the first place is not obvious to
>> me, but it is 2:00 AM here, so i might be overlooking something.
>> --
>> Kind regards/Mit freundlichen Grüßen, Stefan Tauner

A non-text attachment has been stripped: M2N_0902.ROM
It is available at http://paste.flashrom.org/view.php?id05