[flashrom] Output of Flashrom for Asus M2N68-VM

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at student.tuwien.ac.at
Mon Jul 16 21:42:41 CEST 2012

On Sun, 27 May 2012 16:44:08 +0200
juergen.bullinger at gmx.de wrote:

> Hi,
>
> thank you for the great tool it saved me from messing ouround with DOS boot dics etc on a system which is purely running on Linux.
>
> I updated the bios of this board and in case the diagnostic output of this board is interesting for you, here is it:
>
> juergen at media:/scratch/software/bios$ sudo flashrom
> [sudo] password for juergen:
> flashrom v0.9.5.2-r1517 on Linux 3.2.0-25-generic (x86_64), built with libpci 3.1.8, GCC 4.6.3, little endian
> flashrom is free software, get the source code at http://www.flashrom.org
>
> Calibrating delay loop... OK.
> Found chipset "NVIDIA MCP67". Enabling flash write... This chipset is not really supported yet. Guesswork...
> SPI on this chipset is WIP. Please report any success or failure by mailing us the verbose output to flashrom at flashrom.org, thanks!
> Mapping NVIDIA MCP6x SPI at 0xfec80000, unaligned size 0x544.
> Please send the output of "flashrom -V" to flashrom at flashrom.org with
> your board name: flashrom -V as the subject to help us finish support for your
> chipset. Thanks.
> OK.
> Found Macronix flash chip "MX25L8005" (1024 kB, SPI) at physical address 0xfff00000.
> No operations were specified.

Hello Jürgen,

thanks for your report!
I have added the board to our list of supported board and will commit
that later together with other small changes.
It has happened in the past that people did not noticed that flashrom
did skip to change anything because the supplied image was identical to
the content of the flash chip. I presume this NOT the case here, but if
you noticed that it was indeed so, please say so...