[flashrom] Board ASUS M2V-MX_SE: No EEPROM/flash device found when running flashrom in Windows XP

Bernd Blaauw bblaauw at home.nl
Tue Jul 3 18:23:04 CEST 2012

Op 3-7-2012 17:25, Fengwei Zhang schreef:
> All,
>
> I am trying to flash Coreboot BIOS in Windows XP SP3 environment. but I got No EEPROM/flash device found when running flashrom.exe.
>
> I have been successfully flashed BIOS in CentOS environment on the same machine by running ./flashrom -w coreboot.rom.
>
> Does anyone know why I get this error message?

I'm no expert on this, but I suppose:
1) it's required to run as administrator (rightclick the shortcut to CMD
("command prompt") and select to Run As Administrator.
2) it's nowadays required to specify which programmer you want to use
when executing flashrom program:

something like:
flashrom -p internal -r savebios.bin

likewise also when only reading (instead of dumping/saving), writing and
erasing.

Bernd