[flashrom] help with static or standalone binary compile instructions

Marcos Felipe Rasia de Mello marcosfrm at gmail.com
Sun Jul 1 16:45:18 CEST 2012

2012/7/1 Steven Williams <prodigiouslogic at gmail.com>:
> Marcos, thanks for the quick response! I searched all over for that line
> before, don't know how I missed it before :(  In the svn make file as of
> 7-28-2012 it is located at line 553. It compiled without error and it almost
> executed. It was compiled with a 2.6 kernel but the machine I am trying to
> run it on has a 2.4 kernel and it segfaulted. I am probably making a mistake
> again or have overlooked a possible simple solution. I searched all over
> google for a quick fix but found none. Any pointers on that? As a last
> resort I think I am going to setup a debian 3.0 box to see if it will
> compile and run.

Your libc requires a 2.6 kernel to run ("file flashrom" to see what
version). With some pain you can build a separate toolchain targeting
Linux 2.4, but probably the easiest option is set up an old
distribution and compile flashrom there.

Please use "reply to all" in your email client, otherwise your
messages will not go to the mailing list.

Regards,

Marcos