[flashrom] Abit NF-M2 nView upgrade problem

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at student.tuwien.ac.at
Wed Jan 11 00:54:38 CET 2012

On Tue, 10 Jan 2012 22:43:30 +0100
Grzesiek Pycia <gzohop at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I'm trying to upgrade bios on Abit NF-M2 nView mainboard which is marked
> as supported but it is impossible, because it fails on erasing the chip,
> so I'm sending log as advised by flashrom.
> If there are some other information needed or testing please let me know
> I'll be happy to help out.

hello,

your board needs a small piece of code to make the flash rom writable.
actually we already have it in the source and it is just not triggered
on your board. the question is why. we identify mainboards via PCI IDs
(and sometimes SMBIOS data) and apparently yours does not match our
pattern. please provide the output of
lspci -nn
lspci -nnxxxvvv