[flashrom] Help: unable to upgrade bios

Raghuramchary Jallipalli Raghuramchary.Jallipalli at lntinfotech.com
Fri Jan 6 14:12:59 CET 2012

Sorry, missed to attach the logs.
Resending with the attached logs.

Thanks,
Raghu

-----Original Message-----
From: Raghuramchary Jallipalli
Sent: Friday, January 06, 2012 6:41 PM
To: flashrom at flashrom.org
Cc: V Balaji; Vishnuvardhan Reddy
Subject: RE: [flashrom] Help: unable to upgrade bios

Thanks Stefan.

The force option enable worked and we were able to program the AT25DF321A flash. But the contents are wrong and the board was not able to come up. Please see attached for the verbose output for both read and write.

For your info, the board has two flashes(each 4MB) and the bios resides on the second(we have a jumper option to select the flash device). We are confused whether the flashrom selects the correct flash device and program it.

Can you please help.

Thanks,
Raghu