[flashrom] compiling flashrom for Debian/kFreeBSD

Robert Millan rmh at debian.org
Fri Feb 24 20:14:30 CET 2012

Long time no see :-)

El 24 de febrer de 2012 0:55, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger
<c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net> ha escrit:
> I have written a patch which should fix compilation and
> hopefully also work during runtime.

The patch works perfectly. However, some changes are gratuitous or inaccurate:

> -#elif defined(__FreeBSD__) || defined (__DragonFly__)
> +#elif defined(__FreeBSD__) || defined(__FreeBSD_kernel__) || defined (__DragonFly__)
>  	if ((io_fd = open("/dev/io", O_RDWR)) < 0) {
>  #else
>  	if (iopl(3) != 0) {

We have both interfaces. You can keep using iopl() if you like.

>  #if defined(__FreeBSD__) || defined(__DragonFly__)
> +  /* Note that FreeBSD kernel with glibc does not have machine/cpufunc.h. */
>    #include <machine/cpufunc.h>
>    #define off64_t off_t
>    #define lseek64 lseek

Actually, we have machine/cpufunc.h (we have everything in machine/*
actually).  The off_t / lseek defines after this look dangerous though
(they collide with glibc definitions).

> A full build log would be nice to have so I can see any remaining build
> issues.

Attached (build.log).

> If you could test if flashrom works (do NOT test flashrom on
> laptops/notebooks/servers), that would be even better. Just run
>
> flashrom -VV

Attached (run.log).

> Thanks for your help.

Thanks to you for your interest.