[flashrom] flashrom(8): HTML preview using ManPageRenderer failed

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at student.tuwien.ac.at
Thu Feb 9 11:13:11 CET 2012

On Thu, 09 Feb 2012 12:14:30 +0700
Ivan Shmakov <oneingray at gmail.com> wrote:

> 	The flashrom(8) revision currently in trunk fails HTML
> 	conversion:
>
> --cut: http://www.flashrom.org/trac/flashrom/browser/trunk/flashrom.8 --
>     Warning: HTML preview using ManPageRenderer failed (Exception:
>     Running (/usr/bin/groff -Thtml -P -r -P -l -mandoc ) failed: 0,
>     <standard input>:566: warning [p 1, 86.8i]: cannot adjust line .)
> --cut: http://www.flashrom.org/trac/flashrom/browser/trunk/flashrom.8 --
>
> 	It seems that the regression is due to r1437 [1], as r1412 [2]
> 	renders without an error.
>
> [1] http://www.flashrom.org/trac/flashrom/browser/trunk/flashrom.8?rev=1437
> [2] http://www.flashrom.org/trac/flashrom/browser/trunk/flashrom.8?rev=1412

hello ivan and thanks for the detailed analysis.
afaics this is a bug in the groff version used. it seems it cant cope
with this line:
.BR "http://www.xilinx.com/itp/xilinx4/data/docs/pac/appendixb.html " .
although a very similar one is working correctly just 2 lines above it
and the version of groff on my desktop works too.
i dont have access to the server so i cant investigate further than
you. from flashrom's point of view this is a WONTFIX imo, but i have
CCed stefan reinauer, which administers the server and might be able to
look into it. stefan: can groff be updated on that machine? i guess
that would be the easiest solution...