[flashrom] FAILED : mcp61sm -am

Vince S vince06fr at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 00:24:49 CET 2012

Yes i am talking about the acer i reported last month..
so if i understand,  i must before flashing make a backup with the
good chip installed with the command :
[sudo flashrom -r fichier.ROM]

"The filename and his extension is it important? and is it sure there
are no risk for the good chip?"

and after i had to install the bad chip and flash it with the command

[sudo flashrom -w fichier.ROM]

But i had try to flash the bad chip with the bios that i have saved
last month and it make error to write(the command i try was [sudo
flashrom -w 61AO615.BIN],
 Erase the chip with the command [sudo flashrom -E] is ok
This night i'm at work and i have no access at my pc so i send you the
log of my attempt tomorow

Thanks for your work and your answers and  excuse me for my english (i'm french)
Good night